One of the things I love...Kek lapis Sarawak


I was first introduced to Kek Lapis Sarawak in 1998 when i was studying in college. My dear roomate, kak Liza was from Kuching, Sarawak. When she came back from her raya holiday, she brought along varieties of tasty and colourful layer cakes. Friends who knew about this delicious cakes would 'serbu' our room just to get a taste a them. Kak Liza would cut the cake into thin slices, as a small piece is rich enough to give you the taste of the whole cake. I fell in love with Kek Lapis Sarawak since then.


I had once travelled to Kuching in 2002 on a work trip. However, the time spent there was limited so I didn't get to go to any shop that sells Kek Lapis Sarawak. I was told that it can be found in a town called Satok. But i managed to brought home a few slices of Kek Lapis Sarawak that i bought from Hilton Hotel,Kuching where i was staying. Each slice was sold at RM5.
As time passed by, Kek Lapis Sarawak has made its way known to the people of Peninsular Malaysia. I have bought and tried many but they hardly tasted like the real Kek Lapis Sarawak that I have tasted before. Some where dry but most lacked in the originality...which to me is very important.

One fine day, i met this lovely lady at an exhibition held in KL not so long ago. She has her own Kek Lapis Sarawak business..and guess where? In the heart of Satok town. She has been making Kek Lapis Sarawak for as long as she can remember. And today she is well known for her delicious and mouth-watering cakes. I tasted her cakes and love them! And so does my dear hubby and our sons. We started from one variety, then another and another and another. We couldn't stop because all tasted so good. They were all ri
ch in taste, perfectly moist and it became a sin not to eat them ;).

Then i thought..why don't i share this indulgence with others? There are still Malaysian out there who doesn't know about Kek Lapis Sarawak. So guys, I'm just doing my bit by introducing Kek Lapis Sarawak to you. These cakes can be made available to you whether you are in the Peninsular or in other parts of the world. Now, you don't have to go to Kuching or seek high and low for Kek Lapis Sarawak anymore.

Just click www.butternbatter.blogspot.com to view the cakes.


Let's indulge and enjoy....

No comments: