Baking day @ mum's place

It was a fine Monday..was a holiday monday..sempena Maal Hijrah. Me, my mom and my two sisters decided to bake on that day. I was assigned to make sardine roll. My sisters were 'ordered' to make chicken& mushroom quiche while my mom will then turun padang to make her famous (long..long time ago) cream puff.

My sardine turn out great..all 36 pieces of them :). Sistas's quiche... first attempt at baking..it was lembik.. tak cukup telur. So..before the second pan goes into the oven, manage to 'repair' so..it turned out like how it should. Cuma a little thick on the crust and inti tak cukup tebal. Rasa..Yummy.

Getting to the cream puff part... it took us 3 attempts making this delicious treat.
1st attempt : it was watery after we add in the eggs. We assumed it could be bcoz the we added the eggs while the dough was still hot

2nd attempt: The dough were ok but it didn't rise during baking. So the outcome was flat as a pancake LOL

3rd attempt: We tried a different recipe (the first two were made using Amy Beh's) and wallahh.. it was scrumptiously heaven..


The custard

No comments: