This is me, EXACTLY!


I was browsing and found this clip art. Upon looking at it, i felt a connection with the picture :P. A mom with two kids..(mine are both boys) and piles of unfolded washed clothes. and it is a never ending scenario..

Laundry..is a 'dirty' word. When i was growing up..it was my mother who did all the laundry (before we had a maid). Then, when the maid was around (one after another), it job was took over by her. Yep..she would put the dirty clothes in the washing machine, hang them out to dry, fold them, iron them and lastly put them on the cupboard. Short of putting the clothes in the cupboard or in the drawers je ;).

I learned to hand wash my own clothes at 13 years old when i stayed at the hostel of my semi-boarding school for a month.Don't ask me why it was only for a month. Only when i went to university that i truly washed my own clothes. Well..not really..

You see..my university was only 15 minutes away from my home. So i would go back every week. I would kumpul all off a week's soiled clothes huhu.. Then..i eventually learned that taking home a bag full of clothes is so leceh. Finally..i became 'smarter' and do laundry before i go home. I would either wash on thursday and fold them on friday or wash on friday then my roommate will help me to angkat the cleaned crispy clothes (and sometimes she folds them too-thank you kak liza ^-^).

When i got married..i live only 100 steps away from my mum's place. So once or twice a week i would go to her house to do laundry. Then..i got pregnant when we were only 3 months into the marriage. At 6 months into my pregnancy, we bought our own washing machine..a Zanussi front loading washing machine. And from there on..the washing never stops.

It used to be one load per week. When Hakimi arrives, i have to wash 3 loads a week. Now with 2 active kids (meaning more sweaty clothes), it has come to 5 loads a week-at least. If i feel lazy and skip one washing day..clothes tend to pile up very fast! And then comes the piles of clean clothes to fold over the weekend..

However, i'm thankful that Kimi is always offering his help folding the clothes. He would normally fold his own pants and undies. I used to be cerewet because he does't fold it the way i do but what the heck..nicely fold or not..it will be unfolded upon wearing, right?

p/s..i have 3 basket full of clean clothes awaits....





No comments: